Services Manufacturing Academy
The Manufacturing Academy is an employer demand-driven workforce training and recruitment program designed by local employers to prepare workers for manufacturing and aerospace careers. The 10 week, 400 hour, 35 credit program through the Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee and Bates Technical College is approved by local manufacturers with classes taught by industry professionals. Employers hire directly from the talent pool for positions in production, machining, and assembly.
We are currently recruiting for a series of Manufacturing Academies. Information sessions are held Wednesdays at 3 p.m. at the Family Investment Center, 1724 East 44th St., Tacoma and Thursdays at 10 a.m. at WorkForce Central, 3650 South Cedar St., Tacoma.
Manufacturing Academy Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Mechanical skills or aptitude
- Enjoy working with your hands in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Pass pre-employment drug screen
- 9th grade math and reading proficiency
- Eligibility to work in the United States
Successful participants must be energetic, highly motivated, and detail-orientated. In addition, trainees must have a positive attitude, effective communication skills, and be good team players.
Join our email list and Like WorkForce Central's Facebook page to stay current with our latest news and events!
Manufacturing Academy Employers Enjoy the Following Benefits:
- Curriculum tailored to your workplace
- Exclusive access to qualified graduates
- Access to applicant recruitment, screening and retention services
- Become a featured employer; company advertising and promotion opportunities
- Networking opportunities with peers
- Connection to apprenticeship system
- Opportunities to develop competent, efficient, skilled team members
- Achieve a lower cost per hire, higher employee retention, and stronger company growth!
Manufacturing Academy Graduates Enjoy the Following Benefits:
- Earn marketable skills and certifications for today’s advanced manufacturing careers
- Exclusive access to job opportunities with local manufacturers
- Access to lucrative career pathways; including continuing education and apprenticeship opportunities
- Earn 30 college credits
- Hands-on learning; train under some of the best instructors from industry
- Career readiness training and advising;
- Job application assistance
To become a featured employer, contact Kristi Grassman, Sector Strategies Coordinator: (253) 254-7653 or email@example.com
Are you an employer looking for employees? The Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC) can help connect you with Manufacturing Academy graduates.
Courses Included in the Manufacturing Academy:
||Basic Electricity |
|Applied Manufacturing Math
||Blueprint Reading |
||Introduction to Composites |
||Introduction to Welding |
|LEAN Principles; Six Sigma/Yellowbelt
|Fork Lift, Flagger and OSHA Certifications